Lil Snoozy Owners Club

RIVER VALLEY EGG RALLY 2014   

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > HOW IS YOUR SNOOZY > IS IT WORTH THE MONEY?

AMSCRAM

I remember the look on my wife's face when we paid for our LIL SNOOZY.  It was a lot of money and now we consider it money well spent.  Our number one concern is the lack of insulation.  It would be fun to hear the concerns of the other owners.  IS THE LIL SNOOZY WORTH THE PRICE? 

June 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rebecca

Yes, Amscram, I think the Snoozy is definitely worth the money.  It is easy and efficient to pull, won't rot, and it is convenient.  Of course you could get a bigger stick-built camper for the money, but I'm not into climbing a ladder and sealing the roof every year. The insulation, or lack thereof, hasn't been a problem either.  I find it stays plenty warm enough for winter camping and cool enough for summer.  I only wish the folks at Lil Snoozy offered a smaller version,  maybe a 13 foot or possibly a teardrop.  Maybe that is something they could think about for the future.

--
June 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave & Paula B.

I felt it was worth the money, and even put more into it than I needed to, if all I did was use the gererator that sits under the bed unused.  I was pleased how well the bed area insulation/marine headliner work out to eliminate the wet bedding issue.

We spend 5 monthe straight in it, so a smaller one wouldn't work out for us, after all that's why we sold our 13' Scamp that we both loved.

--
June 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

David,

Did you get the headliner reglued? What product dio you use. I am considering this mod.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

June 18, 2015 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Greg

Charlie, I contacted Robert Johans over on the Fiberglass RV site about how he attaches the reflex insulation and hulliner. He has had a lot of experience with rennovations & now with the launch of his new NEST Caravan camper. Here's what he said: Proper prep means removing as much of the former insulation material as possible to expose and clean the fiberglass walls. I have since discovered that the 3M 90 does not work well with heat. Traditional contact cement to both surfaces works best. First with the Reflectix, then with the wall covering. I like "Hulliner" wall covering now because it has some flexibility to help with the curves, and a very slight nap that helps hide the seams." Here's a link for the hulliner: http://www.garysupholstery.com/ntohull.html

Hope this helps, Greg

June 22, 2015 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Craig Henne

AMSCRAM at June 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I remember the look on my wife's face when we paid for our LIL SNOOZY.  It was a lot of money and now we consider it money well spent.  Our number one concern is the lack of insulation.  It would be fun to hear the concerns of the other owners.  IS THE LIL SNOOZY WORTH THE PRICE? 

We searched for 3 years for a used one and found one. I tell you they certainly hold their value and will not fall apart like tack and staple travel trailers. I have done thousands of hours of research and even took a part time job delievering RVs trailers and coaches and Snoozy seems to be the best for the money.

Craig Henne

--
July 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick

Greg at June 22, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Charlie, I contacted Robert Johans over on the Fiberglass RV site about how he attaches the reflex insulation and hulliner. He has had a lot of experience with rennovations & now with the launch of his new NEST Caravan camper. Here's what he said: Proper prep means removing as much of the former insulation material as possible to expose and clean the fiberglass walls. I have since discovered that the 3M 90 does not work well with heat. Traditional contact cement to both surfaces works best. First with the Reflectix, then with the wall covering. I like "Hulliner" wall covering now because it has some flexibility to help with the curves, and a very slight nap that helps hide the seams." Here's a link for the hulliner: http://www.garysupholstery.com/ntohull.html

Hope this helps, Greg

HI Greg: I'm new to campers (never owned one, but considering the LS). Does the Snoozy (LS) have an issue with condensation? Why the wall covering? The wall covering is why I don't care for the Casita. Does it give some R value helping with both cooling and heating? I plan to live in our trailer during the winter (Virginia) and not winterize. Is that doable? Can extra insulation be added around the holding tanks? (or heat tape)  Sorry for the many questions, but I don't want to purchase the LS, if it doesn't solve my needs. Thanks!  WATSON.

--

Dr. and Mrs. Richard W. Sadler (Rick and Candy)

Mission Link International
PO Box 38
1677 Avon Street Ext.
Charlottesville, Va. 22902-0038

Mission Link International, East Africa
PO Box 1283
Plot 10
Lubas Road
Jinja, Uganda

www.missionlink.org
thelinkoffice@gmail.com

July 28, 2015 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ronn

Has any one had to put a anti sway bar on ther snoozy trailer yet? If not does it pull ok without one?

We pick ours up in March 2019

Thank you Ronn T.

January 4, 2019 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave & Paula B.

ronn at January 4, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Has any one had to put a anti sway bar on ther snoozy trailer yet? If not does it pull ok without one?

Thank you Ronn T.

Hi Ronn.  We have owned our LS since May 2014, and have towed it around 60,000 miles.  We never have experienced the slightest sway with it connected to our short wheel base Jeep Wrangler, nor to our very long wheel base 1993 GMC crew cab with 8’ bed.  Not even side/head/ or tail winds, nor passing or being passed by 18 wheelers have given us so much as a wiggle. We have surge disc brakes, so I am not sure if a swaybar or WDH is even able to be used with this set-up.  Happy Camping

--
January 5, 2019 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ronn

Dave & Paula B. at January 5, 2019 at 2:28 PM

ronn at January 4, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Thank you Ronn T.

Hi Ronn.  We have owned our LS since May 2014, and have towed it around 60,000 miles.  We never have experienced the slightest sway with it connected to our short wheel base Jeep Wrangler, nor to our very long wheel base 1993 GMC crew cab with 8’ bed.  Not even side/head/ or tail winds, nor passing or being passed by 18 wheelers have given us so much as a wiggle. We have surge disc brakes, so I am not sure if a swaybar or WDH is even able to be used with this set-up.  Happy Camping

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! I very much appreciate your help and input, I am so gratefull!! You saved me some money and worry.

God Bless,  Ronn 

January 6, 2019 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave & Paula B.

You’re welcome.  I enjoy helping out when able.  It’s nice to see some activity on this site.  I was beginning to think that everyone jumped ship and went to some other site.

--
January 6, 2019 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

Thanks Dave. The winter is usually a slow time but I think we suffered a double whammy with the technical issue and the new Facebook site. We do have the advantages of a bigger knowledge base. 

Keep on Snoozing,

Charlie

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

January 11, 2019 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Duncan

Hi Ronn,

We have towed about 10,000 miles with never even a hint of sway or other instability.

Plus, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can use sway bars with surge brakes.

Doug

February 9, 2019 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Connor
Limited Member
I hated my LS for the entire winter with a 50000btu heat exchanger connected to my outside wood furnace Could get over 80 degrees in 16 degree weather. No condensation at all. Kept ventilated. Humidity never over 50% usually about 30. Windows were always clear
May 14, 2019 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.