Lil Snoozy Owners Club

RIVER VALLEY EGG RALLY 2014   

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > HOW IS YOUR SNOOZY > Cold weather entry

Doug Duncan

This is the slow time of year for RVing, so maybe a good time to talk about a rare issue that only appears in cold weather. We have had multiple days of single-digit temperature here in Maryland/suburban Washington DC. Attempting to enter the trailer, the screen door latch jams and has to be forcibly pulled open. Having adjusted it four times since we took delivery in August, I was quite familiar with the mechanism and inspected it carefully. It was adjusted properly. I came to realize that the extreme cold had shrunk the entire trailer hull, squeezing the door latch mechanism. A week or two later during warmer weather, the door opened normally with no problems. I don't have any recomendations, just an observation.

February 6, 2018 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

I check mine occasionaly but have not  t had this problem. I usually don't go in in if it is really cold and we keep ours covered. Thanks for the tip.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

February 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Duncan

I finally took a file to the latch in the door jamb and don't have the problem anymore. We do use the trailer throughout the winter.

February 9, 2019 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.