Lil Snoozy Owners Club

RIVER VALLEY EGG RALLY 2014   

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Our wait is over

Jim & Janet

Our wait is finally over. Picked up our Snoozy this morning. It was ordered March 10, 2017 and completed May 9, 2018. Were on our way back home now to Apollo, Pa ( just North East of Pittsburgh, Pa). Tow's great. Next job is to clean and stock it!

FYI there were 2 more Snoozy's being built and well underway when we took ours home.

Jim & Janet

May 11, 2018 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave & Paula B.

Congratulations on finally getting your LS, and getting to use it.  When we brought ours home, there was a lot of fiberglass dust to vacuum up.  It took a couple of weeks with the windows and door open to rid it of fiberglass outgassing, and has been great ever since.

--
May 12, 2018 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

Yes, I expected that and had planned on it. Thats one of the reasons we got it without the mattress. Have a few additions to install like a tounge box, coat rack and all the little touches. We went with a small 4 inch marine vent fan for the shower.  I thought the other was way too big, I can always install the bigger one if needed.

Jim G

May 12, 2018 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony R
Limited Member

Congratulations! Do you have any pictures? :-)

May 12, 2018 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

No pictures yet, just got it home about 4 hours ago. The wife won't let me near it again till she's done cleaning to her specifications ( I may never see it again ! ). I've learned to just stay out of the way!

Jim G

May 12, 2018 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Papajack
Limited Member
Great! Update? How is it?
--

Married 45 Years to my best friend

Snoozy on order

2015 Chevrolet Colorado

October 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

Trailer is pretty much as advertised. I added a couple of pictures of the fan and graphics a few months ago when the website was having problems, you'll have to look for them in the MOD's 2  page. With the small fan you don't have to worry about the door hitting the fan cover  and breaking it. You can also leave the door open as it doesn't interfere with the vent when it's open.

The only problems we've had were I has to reset the water pump pressure cut off switch ( pump would not shut off when not using water) took about 10 seconds to adjust. The window over the sink had a minor leak so I pulled the window, recaulked , and reset.  My best guess is that the biggest problem was NOT CAUSED BY lIL SNOOZY. It was caused by Wesco trailers. After I had it home and took it on one or two outings the right wheel would drag now and then. I jacked it up, and pulled the wheel and found that the brake was not assembled correctly! The adjuster fork was not where it should have been. I popped it back in place, readjusted the brakes and all was right with the wheel. So just for piece of mind I pulled the other brake and found it was never adjusted at the Wesco factory. The adjuster was all the way retracted. I don't think the brakes were doing much that far out of adjustment. I would guess they do it that way to ease assembly. So in my case the adjuster was either not put in the right place, or was so loose from the factory that when I applied the brakes the adjuster fell out of position.

Since then all has been great!

Jim G

October 5, 2018 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

Interesting. Out Snoozy is four years old. I have electric brakes. They have never worked as  well as they should. On our trip west this year we had lot of brake chatter on the long downhills. After our return I pulled the drums to replace the brakes. The left side was way out of adjustment and the right side was installed wrong. The adjuster was at 3:00 oclock. It should have been at 6:00. I have not tested the new brakes yet. Hopefully it will be much better now . I am glad you found your problem early.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

October 5, 2018 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Duncan

We had a problem with our Snoozy brakes too. Both sides were adjusted way out and would not function even in hard braking on a 10% grade. A quick trip to a brake shop solved it. As an aside, it was a 13-mile long 10% grade and we stopped as soon as we could after the TV brakes started getting soft. After a 45 minute cool-off, we finished the grade in 1st gear. This could have been a very serious failure if we had not caught it in time.

October 31, 2018 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

Another thing I noticed was after the first 50 miles after pick up I had to retighten all the wheel lug nuts. Some as much as 2 full turns. May be something to check on pick up and as recomended 50 - 100 miles later!

Jim G

November 1, 2018 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

2ofUS dreamers
Limited Member

Jim & Janet at May 12, 2018 at 6:42 AM

Yes, I expected that and had planned on it. Thats one of the reasons we got it without the mattress. Have a few additions to install like a tounge box, coat rack and all the little touches. We went with a small 4 inch marine vent fan for the shower.  I thought the other was way too big, I can always install the bigger one if needed.

Jim G

We went with a small 4 inch marine vent fan for the shower

HI, We are aboit three months from pick up (I think).  I was wondering if you were happy with your fan?  Trying to decide which one, among so many other things!

--

Barb and Mark

January 13, 2019 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

Yes, seems to do everything we need it to do. My thinking was if I needed more I could always install the bigger one. An added plus is with the louvers it closes when not in use and doesn't interfear with the door even when it's open.. We use the shower only when there are no other options i.e. no campground shower.

Jim G

January 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.