Lil Snoozy Owners Club

RIVER VALLEY EGG RALLY 2014   

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > LIL Snoozy closing

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

I just heard about this. I have no information as no one is answering the phone. If I find out anything I will post it here.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

March 4, 2019 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick
Limited Member

Placed a ordered in Aug. can’t believe this has happened. Very upset!

March 4, 2019 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim & Dena

I am very upset too... Placed my order October of 2017. Yes Charlie, please let us know what you find out. Thanks, Tim

March 5, 2019 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

2ofUS dreamers
Limited Member
Not answering texts, phone disconnected, website down. Friends who also have order in were In touch with original owner (who also has money owed to him). They got a reply back that Richard?s lawyer would be sending out a notice this week. Dreams dashed and our hard earned money ???? So sad, disappointed, and frustrated in so many ways.
--

Barb and Mark

March 5, 2019 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

I am sorry that I have no information. I tried to work closely with the factory folks early on. The were never very good at communication. There is a thread on Fiberglass RV where people are saying they are filing chapter 7.  I sure hope the people with units on order get their deposits back. or someone takes over and dleivers the product. It doesn'r look good.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

March 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Joel McKenzie
Limited Member

I have been trying to call them and finally yesterday the phone line was disconnected and the web page was down. I contacted a friend (mentioned earlier in this thread) who has one on order and he started digging into it. It has been confirmed that they filed bankruptcy.

-Joel McKenzie

March 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Duncan

I second what Dave said - the thread on the Fiberglass RV General Chat forum has a lot of detailed info from someone who dug into the details.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/lil-snoozy-has-closed-shop-88375.html

March 5, 2019 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kansas Kamper
We feel sorry for the people that have lost deposits. They lost deposits and also waited a long time for a trailer. Shame on Lil Snoozy company.
March 5, 2019 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

I have been asked what my production number is on my Snoozy? Can someone tell me how to find it? Is it related to the VIN number? I have searched through all my origninal paperwork and don't see it anywhere. Thanks for the help!

--

March 7, 2019 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

If they did yours like ours it will be the last three numbers of the VIN.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

March 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jan

TY Charlie!

--

March 7, 2019 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim & Janet

Sorry to hear about the closing and the lost deposits.

We picked up our Snoozy May 9, 2018 and it was sn # 221. There were also 2 more trailers being built in the shop when we got ours.

JimG

March 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Duncan

There is a thread on the Fiberglass RVs forum trying to assemble production numbers for Lil Snoozy. We are curious about how many were built.

On the thread, we are the most recent at 207 from August 2017. Surely there are a number of newer ones. 

And there is a December 2018 Lil Hauley #18.

March 9, 2019 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AMSCRAM

Could we be watching a reboot of a popular brand?  I sure hope so.  It would be nice to see a carbon fiber version of the LS with insulation and two axels and larger bed.  The A/C could be updated and relocated to the side and center over the wheels.  The door could also move to the side. I have looked at most of the others and they fall short in so many ways and cost more than the LS.   I would welcome any news about continuing production.

April 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

AMSCRAM at April 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM

Could we be watching a reboot of a popular brand?  I sure hope so.  It would be nice to see a carbon fiber version of the LS with insulation and two axels and larger bed.  The A/C could be updated and relocated to the side and center over the wheels.  The door could also move to the side. I have looked at most of the others and they fall short in so many ways and cost more than the LS.   I would welcome any news about continuing production.

Mike,

If someone changed the trailer that much it wouldn’t be a Snoozy.

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

April 25, 2019 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Connor
Limited Member
I picked up #217 in May 2018 they were having trouble getting new shells at thT time and lost several months production as a result. Richard seemed to be trying hard to keep production going. He seemed to be well intentioned and a hard worker. Was not afraid to get his hands dirty!
May 14, 2019 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bruggie
Limited Member

I haven't been on this forum in a couple of years but was extremely sad to find out that Lil Snoozy has closed. I retired and am at the point that I was ready to place an order and then this. How sad for Richard and the employees and of course for those who've already placed orders. 

After quite a bit of searching and Dave and Paula letting me stop by and seeing theirs the reason I want a Lil Snoozy is because it has a rear door. My daughter is in a wheelchair and the rear entry would be ideal for getting her in and out. I had decided to pretty much order a pared down version. Floor space is more important than anything else. A folding table and chairs and port a potty is what we use now would also work in a Lil Snoozy.

We just finished a 30 day 6,400 mile road trip in our wheelchair accessible Dodge Grand Caravan from San Diego to Ohio then to South Dakota, Colorado and back to San Diego. The trip was great (except for all the rain, rain, rain then 4" of snow in Colorado) but after moving in and out of hotels/camp grounds day after day I decided it's time for a towable. 

Well I hope either Richard or someone else can restart the business or at least help those who had orders in. 

Debbie Brugman

May 24, 2019 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlie and Sara
Administrator

Bruggie at May 24, 2019 at 3:00 PM

I haven't been on this forum in a couple of years but was extremely sad to find out that Lil Snoozy has closed. I retired and am at the point that I was ready to place an order and then this. How sad for Richard and the employees and of course for those who've already placed orders. 

After quite a bit of searching and Dave and Paula letting me stop by and seeing theirs the reason I want a Lil Snoozy is because it has a rear door. My daughter is in a wheelchair and the rear entry would be ideal for getting her in and out. I had decided to pretty much order a pared down version. Floor space is more important than anything else. A folding table and chairs and port a potty is what we use now would also work in a Lil Snoozy.

We just finished a 30 day 6,400 mile road trip in our wheelchair accessible Dodge Grand Caravan from San Diego to Ohio then to South Dakota, Colorado and back to San Diego. The trip was great (except for all the rain, rain, rain then 4" of snow in Colorado) but after moving in and out of hotels/camp grounds day after day I decided it's time for a towable. 

Well I hope either Richard or someone else can restart the business or at least help those who had orders in. 

Debbie Brugman

Debbie, 

There are 2 or three Snoozies listed for sale right now on the Lil Snoozy Owners Facebook page.

Charlie

--

Keep on Snoozin,

Charlie

May 26, 2019 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bruggie
Limited Member

Charlie and Sara at May 26, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Bruggie at May 24, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Debbie Brugman

Debbie, 

There are 2 or three Snoozies listed for sale right now on the Lil Snoozy Owners Facebook page.

Charlie

Thank you for the heads up. I?ll join the fb group and check them out.
June 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.